Boise Centre has successfully completed the annual reaccreditation process for the GBAC STAR™ Facility Accreditation Program. By earning the accreditation for a second year, Boise Centre has renewed its commitment to operating Idaho’s largest convention center in a safe and healthy manner. The accreditation is from the Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC), a Division of ISSA, the worldwide cleaning industry association and is considered the gold standard for prepared facilities.
Under the guidance of GBAC, Boise Centre continues to adhere to the most stringent protocols for cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention in its facility. To renew the accreditation, Boise Centre was required to demonstrate compliance with the program’s 20 core elements, which range from standard operating procedures, and risk assessment to personal protective equipment, and emergency preparedness and response measures. Boise Centre was the first convention center and business in Idaho to achieve the esteemed accreditation.
Proven systems are in place to maintain a clean and healthy environment including:
- Established and maintained a cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention program to minimize risks associated with infectious agents like COVID-19
- The proper cleaning protocols, disinfection techniques, and work practices in place to combat biohazards and infectious disease
- Highly informed cleaning professionals who are trained for outbreak and infectious disease preparation and response
“Receiving the third-party validation of our cleaning, disinfection, and infection prevention procedures gives our clients, guests, and employees confidence that Boise Centre is taking the steps necessary to ensure safe and enjoyable events,” said Boise Centre, Executive Director Pat Rice. “Renewing our GBAC STAR facility accreditation sets us apart, and in turn helps our customers reassure their guests their event meets the highest standards of cleanliness and safety.”
In addition to the GBAC STAR accreditation Boise Centre has invested in the following cleaning and disinfection equipment:
- Two electrostatic sprayers that utilize a positive charge to evenly coat disinfectant spray on surfaces
- PreventX 24/7 a finish coating with ongoing antimicrobial properties is applied to all high touchpoints throughout the venue every 30-days
- Professional grade HEPA air filters are in use in as many air handlers as possible throughout the venue convention center
Boise Centre is open, clean, safe, and ready to welcome your event. To contact an event specialist please call 208-489-3608 or submit an inquiry.