Boise Centre has received the coveted Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) STAR™ facility accreditation, the gold standard for prepared facilities. Boise Centre is Idaho’s largest convention center and is the first business and event facility in the state to earn the accreditation. Under the guidance of GBAC, a Division of ISSA, the worldwide cleaning industry association, Boise Centre has implemented the most stringent protocols for cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention in its facility.
As the cleaning industry’s only outbreak prevention, response, and recovery accreditation, GBAC STAR™ helps organizations establish protocols and procedures, offers expert-led training, and assesses a facility’s readiness for biorisk situations. To achieve the accreditation, Boise Centre was required to demonstrate compliance with the program’s 20 core elements, which range from standard operating procedures and risk assessment strategies and personal protective equipment and emergency preparedness and response measures.
Boise Centre has proven systems in place to maintain clean and healthy environments including:
- Established and maintained a cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention program to minimize risks associated with infectious agents like the coronavirus disease
- The proper cleaning protocols, disinfection techniques, and work practices in place to combat biohazards and infectious disease
- Highly informed cleaning professionals who are trained for outbreak and infectious disease preparation and response
“Our staff worked diligently for several months on the GBAC STAR application submittal process. We evaluated every aspect of our business to ensure we are operating in the safest possible manner for our employees, clients, and their attendees,” said Boise Centre, Executive Director Pat Rice. “The accreditation is a performance-based program that certifies Boise Centre is following strict protocols for health, sanitation, and safety. By taking this important step, we want to reassure meeting organizers that Boise Centre is committed to operating safely and we are prepared to welcome in-person events.”
Along with the accreditation, Boise Centre has invested in the following cleaning and disinfection equipment and products:
- Two electrostatic sprayers that utilize a positive charge to evenly coat disinfectant spray to all surfaces
- Usage of a UV standalone disinfection machine and a UV wand to disinfect podiums, microphones, wireless remote controls, cell phones, and tablets
- Cleaning and disinfectant products that meet EPA guidelines for use against the coronavirus disease
- PreventX 24/7 a finish coating with ongoing antimicrobial properties is applied to all high touchpoints throughout the venue every 30-days
Boise Centre is open, clean, safe, and ready to welcome your event. To contact an event specialist please call 208-489-3608 or submit an inquiry.