May 20, 2020
On behalf of Boise Centre, thank you for your continued support and understanding as we navigate COVID-19 as a nation, state, and city. Until we receive permission to resume business from our guiding agencies, Boise Centre will remain closed to the public. The Visitor Information Center located off The Grove Plaza is also closed. We will continue monitoring the public health situation closely.
Boise Centre’s management team, sales and marketing, and event managers will continue to work remotely through the end of May. To reach a member of the staff please contact them directly via email or phone. View Staff directory.
Boise Centre is following the Staged Reopening Plan issued on May 1, 2020, by Idaho’s Governor, Brad Little, which is to be updated every two weeks, and the City of Boise, Staged Reopening Plan that will utilize medical data and statistics as criteria for advancement. The state and the city have outlined multi-stage plans for reopening Idaho for business.
Both the state and the city advanced to Stage 2 of reopening on May 16, 2020. During this stage gatherings of more than 10 people, both public and private, should be avoided.
It may be necessary for state and local health authorities to revert to earlier phases of reopening and may include re-enacting a stay-at-home order.
Ensuring the health and safety of our employees and guests is a top priority. Boise Centre has formed an internal task force to outline plans and preparations to safely reopen the convention center.
- Boise Centre will actively follow and adhere to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health authorities’ recommendations for cleaning and disinfecting to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19.
- Boise Centre will adhere to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health authorities’ recommendations for physical distancing and face coverings.
- A variety of meeting room diagrams with physically distanced seating are being created and will soon be available on our website.
- Front & Centre, the catering arm of Boise Centre, is creating menus and service standards that maintain high levels of quality and consistency while ensuring guest safety.
- Details regarding temperature checks and the use of touchless temporal scanners and thermal imaging technology at guest entrances will be available soon.
Further details of Boise Centre’s reopening plans will soon be available on our website. A COVID-19 Resource page with details for event organizers and guests will be live June 1, 2020.
Information for Guests and the Public
Boise Centre recommends guests stay informed on COVID-19. Resources include:
- Reg. IV Central District Health: https://www.cdhd.idaho.gov/dac-coronavirus.php
- State of Idaho Official Resources Coronavirus: https://coronavirus.idaho.gov/
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019