Boise Centre Expansion Project – Construction Detour Information
In mid-July 2016, Boise Centre began construction on a connectivity concourse between the main Boise Centre and the newly built Boise Centre East located across The Grove Plaza. Construction will be taking place through April 2017.
Areas temporarily affected by construction include:
- Boise Centre main entrance off of The Grove Plaza
- Entrance is open with scaffolding in place surrounding the doors and along the lobbby windows
- 8th Street pedestrian walkway between Boise Centre and Century Link Arena
- Walkway is open with protective scaffolding above in portions where steel is being placed on the second level.
- Walkways to The Grove Plaza from Capitol Boulevard and Main Street have reopened.
Capitol City Development Corporation (CCDC) is currently renovating The Grove Plaza to make the space more enjoyable for visitors and the community. Construction has been ongoing since the spring with fences in place to keep pedestrians and bicyclists safe. Much of the Plaza will reopen the third week of November. For more information visit thegroveplaza.com