Sustainability Initiatives in 2022
- Redirected 29,318 pounds of recyclable materials from local landfills.
- Donated 3,905 pounds of food leftover from events to the Boise Rescue Mission.
- Partnership with Republic Services and Western Recycling to recycle all forms of paper, cardboard and metal materials.
- Glass bottles are recycled.
- Designated compactor for all recyclable materials.
- Use of China versus paper when possible.
- Filtered water stations in public areas.
- Use of water stations rather than individual pitchers of water in all meetings.
- Reducing paper waste by replacing traditional guest signage inside the facility with digital technology.
Boise Centre uses a geothermal heating system and participates in various initiatives including energy efficiency, waste reduction and water conservation allowing the facility to join the ever-increasing ranks of environmentally responsible convention facilities.
To reduce food waste and to support members of our community in need, Boise Centre donates food left over from events Boise Rescue Mission. The food is transported to the Boise Rescue Mission and is distributed the food to one of their three shelters in the Boise area.
Valley Regional Transit, a regional public transit authority provides bus service from the airport and throughout the Boise area to Main Street Station in downtown Boise. Main Street Station is located underneath the Boise Centre East and the Clearwater Building.