Sustainability Initiatives in 2015
- Diverted 35,570 pounds of recyclable materials from landfills.
- Donation of 796 cases of wine bottles for repurposing.
- Donation of 2,834 pounds of food to the Boise Rescue Mission.
- Partnership with Republic Services and Western Recycling to recycle all forms of paper, plastic and metal materials.
- Designated compactor for all recyclable materials.
- Collaboration with Useful Glassworks, a nonprofit company specializing in sterilizing glass wine bottles and re-selling to local eateries.
- Use of China versus paper when possible.
- Filtered water stations in public areas.
- Use of water stations rather than individual pitchers of water in all meetings.
- Reducing paper waste by replacing traditional guest signage inside the facility with new digital technology.
Boise Centre uses a geothermal heating system and participates in various initiatives including energy efficiency, waste reduction and water conservation allowing the facility to join the ever-increasing ranks of environmentally responsible convention facilities.
Use of water stations rather than individual pitchers of water in all meetings.
To reduce food waste and to support members of our community in need, Boise Centre donates food left over from events Boise Rescue Mission. The food is transported to the Boise Rescue Mission who then distributes the food to one of their three shelters in the Boise area.
Boise Green Bike, a bike-sharing program and an alternative to carbon-emitting transportation, has a station located adjacent to the convention center. The station is located on the Grove Plaza just outside our main entrance.
Valley Regional Transit, a regional public transit authority provides bus service from the airport and throughout the Boise area to Main Street Station in downtown Boise. Main Street Station is located underneath the Boise Centre East and the Clearwater Building.