We're As Green As Our Logo
Investing in Our Future
The Boise Centre team has taken many sustainable measures to move toward a more environmentally friendly venue.
- Upgrading fluorescent lighting systems from T-12 to T-5 and T-5 HO
- New lighting controllers that reduce output by 50% for move in/move outs
- Interactive Lighting and HVAC control systems send heating or cooling into setback mode when lights are turned off
- Building is heated with Boise City’s geothermal water system
- Natural light in the main lobby areas provides for reduced lighting, particularly during set up and tear down
- Energy reducing motor control drive upgrades to the cooling tower and chiller
- Work with Western Recycling to recycle all forms of paper, plastic and metal materials. Provide tradeshows oversized recycle bins on the show floor to encourage recycling.
- Designated compactor for all recyclable materials
- Partner with Ūsful Glassworks, a nonprofit organization that upcycles drinking glasses to local restaurants, brew pubs and sells wares in their store.
- Initiated a composting program with local neighborhood co-op farms to provide composting materials
- Individual water bottles are replaced with filtered water stations in public areas
- Reduce paper waste by replacing traditional guest signage inside the facility with new digital technology
- Use of water stations rather than individual pitchers of water in all meetings